Advantages and Features of Ultrasonic Sterilizers
2021-01-11 by hqt
Sterilization of equipment and tools is a mandatory step in the workflow of manicure masters. Rubbing with rubbing alcohol, soaking in disinfectants, or boiling are considered outdated methods. Now ultrasonic sterilizers are used, which are easy to operate and do not spoil the instruments (they do not dull, do not corrode or deform).
Why are special sterilizers necessary?
Disposable forceps, nippers, files, scissors, scrapers and other devices for processing nails and skin of fingers, palms are too expensive when working in a beauty salon with a large number of clients. Therefore, it is more profitable to decontaminate instruments intended for reusable use.
After contact with a client’s skin, manicure tools can be dangerous to the next person as become a habitat for many viruses and fungal spores. If, in the process of inaccurate processing, a cut occurs near the nail roller, then the blood that gets on the instrument can become a source of infection.
Various types of sterilizers are used to process manicure instruments. Devices differ in the type of radiation, which results in the disinfection of manicure instruments, and the processing time. The most powerful of them are autoclaves and dryers.
Ultrasonic sterilizers for manicure instruments are considered universal for getting rid of germs and bacteria. They are also suitable for the treatment of brushes, scissors and combs used by hairdressers, and nail technicians working at home can also use the apparatus for processing cutlery, jewelry, etc.
Principle of operation
Even a novice master can handle the operation of a device based on the action of ultrasound for instruments. The ultrasound device consists of a bath in which a special antiseptic liquid or distilled water is poured and instruments are placed. The principle of operation of the ultrasonic apparatus is based on the fact that the dielectric pressure increases under the influence of the generated ultrasonic wave.
Items placed in the container envelop numerous microscopic, steam-filled, reaction bubbles. As a result of active drilling, particles of rust, dirt, pathogenic microorganisms disappear from the surface and from hard-to-reach places, and the instrument gets its original shine and cleanliness. When removing contamination, the instruments themselves do not deform.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Sterilizers
Modern nail cleaner cleaners are safe, compact and energy efficient. Ultrasonic sterilizers have a number of advantages over similar devices that operate in a different way. This explains the popularity of ultrasound sterilizers in the beauty and health industry.
The advantages of ultrasonic devices are as follows:
- The devices are equipped with a timer, display and power switch. The device shuts down on its own, signals the end of the process and does not require additional control.
- Processing time is no more than 5 minutes. The most contaminated instruments are kept for 15 minutes. This situation is extremely rare, because before sterilization, it is recommended to rinse all items under running water.
- The device and tools do not heat up. This means that manicurists need not be afraid of burns.
- You can use not a special solution, but plain water.
- Deformation of tools is excluded. Cutting surfaces do not lose their sharpness and do not rust. But with the help of devices it is possible to sterilize not only metal accessories, as. they are also suitable for processing soft instruments, dentures, glasses, wood products, plastic, etc.
- Easy to care for. All parts of the appliance are removable for easy cleaning.
- After processing, the instruments must be dried and then stored in an empty storage container.
Criterias of Choice
The ultrasonic cleaner is suitable for fast processing of instruments. Many professional craftsmen use such sterilizers as an additional device. it is believed that ultrasound cannot cope with viruses. However, the processing quality can be improved by choosing a device with a higher power and with the possibility of a longer cleaning period for accessories.
Even a novice master can handle such devices.
The compactness of the device can be decisive when choosing a sterilizer. But if the flow of clients is large, then a model should be chosen that will allow processing the maximum number of accessories in one session.
The most important criterion is the cost of the device. Ultrasonic cleaners are more affordable at a price, but the cost is influenced by the features of the model and the popularity of the brand. It is better to choose a reliable and high-quality device.