How to use ultrasonic probe disinfector in a hospital?
2021-08-21 by hqt
Careful attitude to the transducer of ultrasonic probe disinfector directly affects its service life and affects the quality of diagnostics an ultrasonic machine without a disinfector is useless, and it’s cost for a new one can be hundreds of thousands of rubles.
Failure of the disinfector can stop the operation of the entire diagnostic room for a long time. Along with this, high requirements are imposed on infectious safety. The disinfector is in contact with the skin, mucous membranes, internal organs of patients, therefore, it must be subjected to proper processing.
How to properly process an ultrasonic probe?
Listed below are recommendations that include the rules for handling ultrasonic machine disinfectors. When examining cavities and during invasive diagnostics, a sterile coating should be common. This must subsequently disposes of. If biological fluids meet the disinfector, then its surface must thoroughly disinfect.
Before immersing the ultrasonic probe disinfector in liquid, it is important to ensure that it is waterproof. A sterile coating must be common without fail if persons with infectious diseases are subject to examination. After each manipulation, the coating changes.
How are patients examined
- If patients do not belong to the risk group, then the study is easy to carry out without a protective coating. It is enough to wipe the disinfector with a dry cloth after each person. Further, its surface we should treat with a cloth soaked in disinfectant.
- The manipulation completes by wiping the disinfector dry with a clean cloth. If patients belonging to the risk group are to examine, or the disinfector comes into the cavities, then after removing the coating, a similar procedure comes out as with general ultrasonic
- The medical personnel who carry out ultrasonic probe disinfectorcleaning must be in a gown, mask, goggles. It is important to regularly inoculate the culture media from the surface of the disinfector in order to control the disinfection to spread.
It includes several stages:
- Pre-cleaning comes out after each patient. If the disinfector is waterproof, then under running water, if not, then with a damp, soft cloth;
- Surface disinfection with wet wipes or spray irrigation. The type of processing depends on which surface the disinfector was in contact with;
- At the last stage, the disinfector should be dry.
Deep disinfection for ultrasonic probe
Ultrasonic probe disinfector that has encounter, mucous membranes and internal organs move in a similar way:
- Preliminary cleaning – it can use a brush to remove dirt from hard-to-reach places, which include cracks, body bends, etc.
- Disinfection at a deep level by soaking the disinfector in a disinfectant solution comesby the manufacturer, to the depth and time specified by the manufacturer.
- Rinsing the disinfector with clean water and wiping it dry with napkins. If aldehydes have been common as a disinfectant, it is important to rinse thoroughly and consistently in clean water in 3 different containers.
The above information applies to ultrasonic probe disinfector that do not have damage to the housing, lens, cable, joints, etc. The only reliable way to clean the transducer is by using a disinfectant. Since the disinfector has a complex structure, it does not completely immerse it or to use the steam sterilization method.
Safety precautions for probe disinfectors
All that is important is to wipe the approved part of the probe with a cloth soaked in disinfectant solution. However, there should not be a lot of liquid. In large quantities and with prolonged exposure, the agent can lead to a violation of the acoustic system of the device.
Do not use alcohol-based disinfectants or those containing hydrogen peroxide or ammonium chloride. All of them can provoke damage. In addition, following components are also alcohol-based disinfectants that are not important for use.
- Moreover, Methyl
- Scarlet faith
- Similarly, Mineral oils
- Lanolin, etc.
What not to do with ultrasonic probe disinfector
Other actions that we should avoid on the disinfector include:
- Place in a disinfectant for a longer time than indicated in the instructions
- Furthermore, Immerse the connector and cable cord in the solution
- Moreover, Allow mechanical damage and twisting of the wire
Each processing we should precede by an inspection of the device for various defects in the form of cracks, chips, creases, etc. To make the disinfector last longer, we should store it in a special case.
How do I clean the ultrasonic probe disinfector?
Precleaning is the first step in the disinfection and sterilization process of an endoscopic ultrasonic transducer, commonly referred to as a probe. The medical staff of the ultrasonic room usually alternates preliminary cleaning with surface disinfection. Pre-cleaning is good to do just before sterilization or high-level disinfection.
Preliminary cleaning (or low-level disinfection) is the removal of foreign objects, including biological materials, from the surface of ultrasonic equipment using water with detergents or enzymatic solutions. Moreover, carrying out such a procedure before high-level sterilization and disinfection is a prerequisite.
Recommendations for pre-cleaning ultrasonic probes and transducers
Use running water to remove gel residues or foreign objects, debris from the ultrasonic probe disinfector. To do this, you can use a gauze pad or any other soft cloth with a little mild liquid, non-abrasive detergent (common household dishwashing detergent is ideal for this) to clean the disinfector well.
For the same purpose, you can use a soft brush – it is ideal for cleaning crevices and bends – depending on the design of your specific disinfector. Then it is necessary to thoroughly rinse the disinfector under running water, and then dry the disinfector with a dry soft cloth or paper towel ”
Stages for carrying out probe disinfection process:
1.If the probe has guiding needles, it must be disassembled;
2. remove the cover of the probe;
3. Similarly, wipe it down using a soft brush with a non-abrasive detergent;
4. Rinse under running water;
5. Dry with a dry cloth, towel, or simply leave the ultrasonic disinfector probe in the air
6. Carry out a thorough examination of the probe for the presence of contamination residues – otherwise repeat the above manipulations.
It is very important for medical facilities to use ultrasonic disinfector probe. It will not only secure personal care but also surrounding environment.